Updates + FAQs
Updated September 17, 2021
UPDATED OPERATING RULES
We have updated our policies following Connecticut State and CDC recommendations and in consultation with independent medical consultants to provide our members of all ages a safe environment to socialize, work out, practice and compete.
PROTECTIVE FACE COVERINGS
For the safety of our youth members and unvaccinated populations, Masks are required for all to enter Chelsea Piers, in all common areas of the building, and in venues providing youth programs.
Fully vaccinated Members above 16 years of age may remove their mask:
- In all areas of the Fitness Club, including locker rooms
- During outdoor fitness classes
- During adult only sports where all players are vaccinated and younger or unvaccinated children are not present
- While in the pool.
Masks are required:
- For everyone not fully vaccinated.
- In all common areas of Chelsea Piers including restrooms, locker rooms and spectator viewing areas in our sports venues.
- During youth sports classes, clinics and team sports.*
- While in our CP Kids Daycare and Preschool and Kids Zone Babysitting, including parent drop-off and pick-up.
Reservations are no longer required for open workout in Fitness. Reservations are required for:
- Group Fitness Classes, Lap Swim, Squash, Freestyle Skating, Ninja, Training Ice and Jump & Climb. Reservations can be made on the online Chelsea Piers platform or the Chelsea Piers Connecticut App. You can download the app by clicking here.
- Reservations for Tennis can be made by contacting email@example.com
- Chelsea Piers Youth Sport Program participants' registration in a program count as a reservation.
- Reservations for team athletes will be made by your coach.
Spectators welcome for youth programs and competitions. Spectators required to sign a Daily Guest Waiver or scan in, remain in designated viewing areas and wear a protective face covering at all times.
Contactless Check-in at the main entrance of Chelsea Piers is required for everyone.
- Members and class participants may self-scan using their membership card or the Chelsea Piers App using the Fast Pass Lane.
- Guests and those without the app are required to fill out our Daily Check-In Waiver; one per family. A parent or guardian should complete for those under the age of 18.
- Protective face coverings will be required for entry into any Chelsea Piers facility.
If you have any questions on how these changes affect your program, please reach out to us via email info-CT@chelseapiers.com and we will be happy to help.
We are committed to keeping our community advised of any potential health risks.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If any member of our community learns they have tested positive for Covid-19, and it's been within 10 days since their last visit to Chelsea Piers:
- Call or email us and let us know immediately. Your timely notice is of the highest importance. Any information shared will be confidential and only used to assist with contact tracing purposes.
- Chelsea Piers will initiate outreach to determine if there was direct contact with any other member of our community.
- In an abundance of caution Chelsea Piers will alert any members of our community who may have had potential exposure.
Please contact your coach or the venue you have been most recently spent time in.
Chelsea Piers is following CDC recommended guidelines on quarantine.
We are committed to providing the safest, healthiest, and cleanest environment for our members and guests. In addition to all CT State, Stamford City guidelines and CDC guidance, we are following all regulations from all competitive sport governing bodies on resuming sports.
By October 1, 2021, 100% of our coaches and staff will be fully vaccinated. In addition, our employees will be masked at all times while in the facility working with members, customers, and athletes.
We have always, and will continue to use hospital-grade cleaners on the EPA list N-certified to kill COVID-19 to clean our facilities and have increased the frequency of our cleaning throughout the day. Our HVAC brings in large volumes of fresh air from the outside and is able to turn over the air in our space in as little as 30 minutes. In addition, our filtration systems use hospital-grade air filters and UV ionization systems that actively seek out and destroy both bacteria and viruses.
All members and any non-members who are registered in Chelsea Piers programming (youth sports, adult tennis clinics, tennis season court rentals) are eligible to use the Fast Pass provided they can check in with their app.
Everyone in the family can use the Fast Pass lane provided they are checking in with the Chelsea Piers App AND have the appropriate paperwork on file. The main account holder on a customer account or family and youth membership take responsibility for any children under the age of 18 on their account.
Members who have a membership card, may use that to scan in using the Fast Pass lane.
Members who do not have their app or membership card, must use the Guest Lane, and have filled out the Daily Check-In Waiver.
Program participants that do not have the app, must use the Guest Lane, and have filled out the Daily Health Declaration to enter Chelsea Piers.
Directions to download the app can be found on our website.
Log in and password are the same as for the online platform.
Hours and availability vary by venue and can be found on each venue page.
We take your safety seriously. COVID-19 is often spread through poorly ventilated spaces, so we have focused on improving our HVAC systems. Our systems have the capability to bring in large volumes of fresh air, and by increasing the amount of fresh air being introduced to the systems each minute, the amount of recirculated air is also reduced. In addition, our filtration systems use hospital grade air filters along with UV ionization systems that actively seek out and destroy both bacteria and viruses. With these enhancements as well as other safety measures, including requiring masks for unvaccinated individuals, consistent cleaning and disinfecting, we are confident that is safe to work out and play sports inside Chelsea Piers Connecticut.
If you have unsubscribed or believe you stopped receiving our emails by mistake, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org..
If you have an Optonline.net email.
We have experienced unresolvable issues with Optonline blocking emails from our email service provider. If you are able to provide an alternate email account, such as a gmail email, to email@example.com. we can update our system.
If you have not subscribed, please click here.
If you would still like to freeze your membership, please email MemberServices@chelseapiers.com
If your membership was paid in full we will be extending your membership term so no time is lost due to this circumstance.
If you would still like to cancel your membership, please email MemberServices@chelseapiers.com
Chelsea Pier team members are available by email and phone to discuss your special events needs. To book a virtual team building event or future in-person event, email firstname.lastname@example.org for Chelsea Piers Connecticut events.