Updates + FAQs
Updated May 19, 2021
UPDATED OPERATING RULES
We have updated our policies following Connecticut State and CDC recommendations and in consultation with independent medical consultants to provide our members of all ages a safe environment to socialize, work out, practice and compete.
PROTECTIVE FACE COVERINGS
For the safety of our youth members and unvaccinated populations, Masks are required for all to enter Chelsea Piers, in all common areas of the building, and in venues providing youth programs.
Fully vaccinated Members above 16 years of age may remove their mask:
- In all areas of the Fitness Club, including locker rooms
- During outdoor fitness classes
- During adult only sports where all players are vaccinated and younger or unvaccinated children are not present
- While in the pool.
Masks are required:
- For everyone not fully vaccinated.
- In all common areas of Chelsea Piers including restrooms, locker rooms and spectator viewing areas in our sports venues.
- During youth sports classes, clinics and team sports.*
- While in our CP Kids Daycare and Preschool and Kids Zone Babysitting, including parent drop-off and pick-up.
Reservations are no longer required for open workout in Fitness. Reservations are required for:
- Group Fitness Classes, Lap Swim, Squash, Freestyle Skating, Ninja, Training Ice and Jump & Climb. Reservations can be made on the online Chelsea Piers platform or the Chelsea Piers Connecticut App. You can download the app by clicking here.
- Reservations for Tennis can be made by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chelsea Piers Youth Sport Program participants' registration in a program count as a reservation.
- Reservations for team athletes will be made by your coach.
Spectators welcome for youth programs and competitions. Spectators required to sign a Daily Guest Waiver or scan in, remain in designated viewing areas and wear a protective face covering at all times.
Contactless Check-in at the main entrance of Chelsea Piers is required for everyone.
- Members and class participants may self-scan using their membership card or the Chelsea Piers App using the Fast Pass Lane.
- Guests and those without the app are required to fill out our Daily Check-In Waiver; one per family. A parent or guardian should complete for those under the age of 18.
- Protective face coverings will be required for entry into any Chelsea Piers facility.
If you have any questions on how these changes affect your program, please reach out to us via email info-CT@chelseapiers.com and we will be happy to help.
We are committed to keeping our community advised of any potential health risks.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If any member of our community learns they have tested positive for Covid-19, and it's been within 10 days since their last visit to Chelsea Piers:
- Call or email us and let us know immediately. Your timely notice is of the highest importance. Any information shared will be confidential and only used to assist with contact tracing purposes.
- Chelsea Piers will initiate outreach to determine if there was direct contact with any other member of our community.
- In an abundance of caution Chelsea Piers will alert any members of our community who may have had potential exposure.
Please contact your coach or the venue you have been most recently spent time in.
Chelsea Piers is following CDC recommended guidelines on quarantine.
We are committed to providing the safest, healthiest and cleanest environment for our members and guests. Our operating procedures are consistent with State regulations governing fitness clubs, indoor sports and events. In addition to all CT State guidelines, we are following all regulations from all competitive sport governing bodies on resuming sports.
Our stringent protocols include limiting capacities, requiring reservations, mandatory face coverings, social distancing and health checks. We have always, and will continue to use hospital-grade cleaners on the EPA list N-certified to kill COVID-19 to clean our facilities and have increased the frequency of our cleaning throughout the day. Our HVAC brings in large volumes of fresh air from the outside and is able to turn over air in our space in as little as 30 minutes. In addition, our filtration systems use hospital grade air filters and UV ionization systems that actively seek out and destroy both bacteria and viruses.
All members and any non-members who are registered in Chelsea Piers programming (youth sports, adult tennis clinics, tennis season court rentals) are eligible to use the Fast Pass provided they can check in with their app, and know that by scanning in with the app you are agreeing to the following:
- Face coverings are required at all times, unless indicated in writing.
- You have NOT in the last 14 days had any close contact with anyone who is either confirmed or suspected of being infected with COVID-19, including anyone who was experiencing or displaying any of the known symptoms of COVID-19 (which are listed in item (6) below); AND
- You have NOT in the last month traveled to a restricted area that is under a Level 2, 3, or 4 Travel Advisory according to the U.S. State Department which can be found on the CDC Website and it is your responsibility to check the list prior to coming to Chelsea Piers; AND
- You have NOT tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days; AND
- You do NOT currently experience or display, and you have NOT in the last 14 days experienced or displayed, any of the following symptoms:
- Elevated temperature or fever of 100.4Â°F or higher,
- Shortness of breath and/or difficulty breathing,
- Loss of smell and/or taste,
- Fatigue, muscle aches, chills, shaking, or
- Persistent headaches.
- You are NOT waiting for the results of a diagnostic COVID-19 test because of symptoms and/or positive contact AND
- You have NOT in the last 10 days had any close contact* with anyone who is either confirmed or suspected of being infected with COVID-19, including anyone who was experiencing or displaying any of the known symptoms of COVID-19 without:
- Self-isolating since the date of close contact AND
- Have not experienced any COVID-19 symptoms AND
- Received a negative result from a PCR diagnostic test taken on day 5, 6, or 7, from your close contact
- You have NOT in the last 10 days traveled in a state or territory, other than New York, New Jersey, or Rhode Island, or from a country other than the United States without:
- Obtaining a test in the seventy-two (72) hours prior to arrival in Connecticut or at any time following arrival in Connecticut (this can be either a PCR test or a rapid antigen test) AND
- Have NOT tested positive AND
- Have provided written proof of such negative test result to the Commissioner of Public Health via email to: DPH.COVID-Travel@ct.gov or via facsimile to: (860) 326-0529
Everyone in the family can use the Fast Pass lane provided they are checking in with the Chelsea Piers App AND have the appropriate paperwork on file. The main account holder on a customer account or family and youth membership take responsibility for any children under the age of 18 on their account.
Members who have a membership card, may use that to scan in using the Fast Pass lane.
Members who do not have their app or membership card, must use the Guest Lane, and have filled out the Daily Check-In Waiver.
Program participants that do not have the app, must use the Guest Lane, and have filled out the Daily Health Declaration to enter Chelsea Piers.
Directions to download the app can be found on our website.
Log in and password are the same as for the online platform.
Hours and availability vary by venue and can be found on each venue page.
We take your safety seriously. COVID-19 is often spread through poorly ventilated spaces, so we have focused on improving our HVAC systems. Our systems have the capability to bring in large volumes of fresh air, and by increasing the amount of fresh air being introduced to the systems each minute, the amount of recirculated air is also reduced. In addition, our filtration systems use hospital grade air filters along with UV ionization systems that actively seek out and destroy both bacteria and viruses. With these enhancements as well as other safety measures, including requiring masks for unvaccinated individuals, consistent cleaning and disinfecting, we are confident that is safe to work out and play sports inside Chelsea Piers Connecticut.
If you have unsubscribed or believe you stopped receiving our emails by mistake, please reach out to email@example.com.
If you have an Optonline.net email.
We have experienced unresolvable issues with Optonline blocking emails from our email service provider. If you are able to provide an alternate email account, such as a gmail email, to firstname.lastname@example.org we can update our system.
If you have not subscribed, please click here.
If you would still like to freeze your membership, please email MemberServices@chelseapiersCT.com
If your membership was paid in full we will be extending your membership term so no time is lost due to this circumstance.
If you would still like to cancel your membership, please email MemberServices@chelseapiersCT.com
Chelsea Pier team members are available by email and phone to discuss your special events needs. To book a virtual team building event or future in person event, email email@example.com for Chelsea Piers Connecticut events.