Meet Our Staff
In addition to world-class athletic facilities and programming, what distinguishes Chelsea Piers most is its superlative coaching staff.
Ryan has recently retired from the PSA tour in January 2020, reaching a world highest ranking of #12.
Some of his accomplishments during his pro tour career include:
- Winning 16 PSA titles, counting the $70k Motor City Open in where he defeated World #2 Ali Farag.
- Ryan has been the Australian No. 1 ranked player for the past 5 years, and has represented Australia since 2010 in various events such as the World Men’s teams (bronze medal 2017) and the Commonwealth Games (bronze medal (2010)
- Two times World Doubles Champion (2017 and 2019).
- Ryan joined the SDA Hard Ball Doubles tour in 2020, and he is currently ranked number 22. He was awarded 2020 Rookie of the Year and 2020 Most Improved Player, as he reached a ranking of Top 25 in the world in only one season.
- 15 years’ experience competing on the PSA World Tour in the biggest event in the World.
- His coaching experience involves over 10 years of work alongside RMS academy, as well as the organization and coaching of summer camps and clinics at different clubs and schools in the North East and Australia.
Ryan has been part of the Chelsea’s family as a PRO player over the last year, and he is really excited about this new partnership.
“I’m super excited to partner with Chelsea Piers as the Head Pro of RMS. I think we have a team that is very professional and highly respected in the squash industry. Not only we have Rod Martin, one of the best coaches in the world, but myself being fresh off the PSA tour, having competed in the biggest events worldwide over the last 15 years. I have also been part of Rod’s coaching team for over 10 years while playing on tour. Chelsea piers is one of the best facilities in the USA and together with first class coaching, I believe we can build one of the top squash programs in the country.”