Soccer Skills Training
U9 - U14
The Soccer Skills Program is designed for players looking to supplement their travel or premier team practices with individually focused training. Players develop skills and tactical awareness during small-sided activities and drills. Expert instructors focus on each player to improve the skills needed for play at all levels.
Position-specific clinics are also available for players interested in enhancing one area of their game.
In addition to top-notch soccer instruction, Chelsea Piers Connecticut also offers unique off-field athletic training provided by BlueStreak Sports Training.
Fall: September 4 - November 26, 2019
REGISTRATION IS ONGOING. Classes are prorated if you join once the semester has started.
TO ENROLL: Click on desired class time.
Pricing Prorated prices reflected at checkout.
|Soccer Skills Clinics, 60 mins.
12 classes, 1x/wk (Sept. 4 - Nov. 26)
Advanced Goalkeeper Clinics U9 - U14
Designed for the travel/premier goalkeeper, these sessions focus on all aspects of goalkeeping. Keepers are often neglected in team practices; this clinic is an ideal opportunity for goalies to gain a greater understanding of the position and help alleviate the worry caused when a player is handed the gloves.
Advanced Shooting and Finishing U9 - U11, U12 - 14
This advanced clinic is dedicated to covering all aspects of scoring goals! Players work on their technique in striking, crossing, heading and volleying, as well as the movement required for players to get into goal scoring positions.
Advanced Team Training U9 - U18
This program is designed as a training supplement to teams’ outdoor practices. The focus is on the technical aspect of striking, passing, dribbling and moves under pressure. Our coaches will collaborate with team coaches or managers to design a custom program to meet the specific needs to your team. Soccer is a game of speed, endurance, agility, and ball control. Outlasting an opponent in the ninetieth minute can become less of a mental battle if a player is in the best possible shape. BlueStreak's mission is to develop athletes from the ground up; by adding this sport-specific training component to Advanced Team Training, athletes improve footwork, speed, biomechanics and overall body control. Using patented Athletic Republic protocols, our expert trainers are able to help our soccer athletes reach their goals and put them in the best position possible to dominate their opponents.
Rules & Regulations
Youth Class Cancellation/Refund Policy
- Chelsea Piers Connecticut reserves the right to cancel a class due to insufficient registration, prior to, or following, the first class of the semester. Appropriate refunds will be granted.
- Requests for class fee refunds (not including a non-refundable reservation fee and the fee for any classes taken) will be considered through the third class of the semester, for classes that meet 12 or more times.
- The non-refundable reservation fee is $50 for classes that meet 10 times or more and $25 for classes that meet 9 times or less.
- Refunds are not available for cancellations made after the third class of the semester, or for students registering late in the semester.
- All requests must be submitted in writing.
- No refunds are available for summer classes or classes that meet fewer than 11 times.
- Trial classes may be available for students unsure of enrollment. See details below.
- Class fees are not transferable to another student.
- Students may transfer from one class to another during the semester if there is availability. Additional class fees may apply if there is a price differential between classes.
- Refunds are not available for absences, transportation delays, inclement weather, withdrawals, dismissals, strike/work stoppage, natural disaster or reasons beyond the control of Chelsea Piers, disrupts or forces the cancellation of class.
Trial classes are available for semester-based programs based on availability. Trial classes may not be reserved in advance. Trial classes range from $30-$90 depending on the specific class. Trial classes are not available for swimming or ice skating programs.
Youth Class Make-up Policy
No make-ups are available for aquatics classes/programs, leagues, team practices, advanced lacrosse classes and tennis classes. Additionally, no make-ups are available for programs that are fewer than 10 classes. Chelsea Piers offers 2 make-up classes for the remaining semester-based classes that are scheduled to meet 16 or more times during the semester and 1 make-up class for programs that meet 11-15 times. Make-ups must be scheduled with each Program Director.
Learn more about Developmental Stages.