Club Policies & Etiquette
Please respect your fellow members and abide by the following club policies and etiquette guidelines. Members or guests who fail to abide by these, and all other posted policies pertaining to facilities and programs, may have their membership privileges revoked.
- Non-Discrimination Statement. We will process applications for membership without regard to race, creed, color, handicap status, sex, sexual preference or national origin. We have the right to conduct a credit check on any applicant to verify the ability to pay our dues and charges and to deny membership to an individual if deemed necessary by us to protect the safety and health of our members or employees.
- Membership Identification and Check-In. Members must check in to our clubs using the Chelsea Piers app, a key fob that we provide or a valid membership card that we provide. A fee will be charged to replace a lost key fob.
- Club Etiquette. Courtesy for fellow Members, employees and the facilities of our clubs is expected. Members are expected to share space and clean up the area and equipment they use. All equipment should be returned to its proper location. Foul language, abusive behavior or harassment will not be tolerated. Outside training is not allowed under any circumstances. Athletic attire and footwear with non-marking soles must be worn at all times while participating in all activities except in the yoga studio, Pilates studio, pool and locker room. Non-altered shirts or tank tops must be worn in the fitness club. Appropriate swimwear is permitted in the pool only. Smoking and vaping is not permitted anywhere in our clubs. Cell phone usage and photography is not permitted in the bathrooms and locker rooms. Appropriate attire is up to the discretion of management.
- Guests. A Member may be permitted to invite guests to our clubs subject to the guest rules applicable to the Member’s membership type and activity. Guests must register at the reception desk and applicable guest fee will be charged to your account. Each Member is entitled to six complimentary guest passes, which will be restored annually, and can only be redeemed by the Member. We reserve the right to limit the number of times any one guest can use our clubs and to exclude any guest whose use of our clubs, in our judgment, would be detrimental to our clubs or any of our Members or employees.
- Locker Rooms. The locker rooms, saunas, and steam rooms are shared spaces. Respect for fellow Members is required. Day lockers are provided for Members’ benefit and convenience. Each Member must provide his or her own lock and or securely lock their belongings within a unique code. We reserve the right to remove all locks and any articles left in day lockers overnight. Specified lockers of different sizes are available for rent at an additional monthly cost charged via EFT.
- Ancillary Services. All sales of ancillary services, including personal training, Pilates, paid programming and wellness sessions, are final, nonrefundable and all fees for any such services are due in full at the time of purchase. We have no obligation to provide any service until we received such payment. All sales expire one year from the date of purchase, unless indicated otherwise in our confirmation of the service.
- Appointment Cancellation. Appointments for services must be canceled at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled session. A Member who does not cancel appointments 24 hours in advance will be charged the full amount of the scheduled service. Our cancellation policy is subject to change.
- Special Events. Members will be notified in advance of areas of our clubs that are unavailable due to special events and/or programming. Member cooperation is appreciated.
- Classes. Please allow enough time to sign-in before class, and give consideration to other Members’ floor space. Those Members with any injuries or limitations should notify the instructor prior to entering the class. We reserve the right to limit class sizes and to change class schedules as deemed appropriate. Members should sign up for classes within the registration window; registration opens 24 hours prior and closes 30 minutes prior to class. Members on the class list are guaranteed a spot. Members must check in prior to class and may not enter a class 10 or more minutes after the scheduled start time. Should a Member not arrive on time for a class, his or her spot will be given away to Members on the wait list and walk-ins in the order they arrived. Members may cancel up to 3 hours prior to the class.
Chelsea Piers Fitness Group Fitness Class
Booking & Cancellation Policy
Members must book classes, either on the app or online, as well as checking into class upon arrival. Registration starts 24-hours prior to class, and up to 30 minutes prior to scheduled class start.
Classes are closed 5 minutes after start time. Late arrivals will not be admitted into class.
Members may cancel their reservation in a group fitness class up to 3 hours prior to scheduled class start. In the event of an emergency, members may contact the hospitality desk and request that their reservation be cancelled. In such situations, a late cancellation that is properly communicated to management may be waived on a case-by-case basis.
If a member would like to take a class but missed the 30-minute booking window, they may request that the hospitality desk add them to the class roster, space permitting.
Unregistered walk-ins will also be accepted into class at the scheduled start time if space permits, and will be added to the class roster or wait list in the order which they arrive.
If a class is full, a member may sign up for the wait-list. The wait list will be limited to five (5) members. Once the waitlist is full, the app and online schedule will no longer offer the option to register for class. If the wait list is also full, a member is welcome to attempt to get into class as a walk-in at scheduled class time.
Class spots will be relinquished to wait-listed members in three ways:
- When a member with a secured spot in class cancels their registration more than 3 hours prior to class time. In this case, the first member on the wait list will automatically receive a confirmed spot in class.
- When a member with a secured spot is removed from class within 3 hours prior to class time. In this case, all members on the wait list will be notified via email that a spot is available in class and any member may go to the app and secure the spot.
[Note: this policy is in place due to the fact that a member cannot cancel their registration without penalty within 3 hours of class. Because it is a firm commitment to attend class, no member will ever be automatically added to a class roster within the late-cancellation window.]
- When a member fails to show up for class at the scheduled class start time. In this case, members will be let in to class in the order they registered for the wait list and arrived.
- Members under the age of 12 are not permitted on the Mezzanine Level or in the Locker Rooms.
- Please refrain from talking on your cell phone in the locker room, cardio and strength areas and studios. These are all cell phone free zones. You may use your cell phone in the family and adult lounges, but please be mindful of your voice level, as a courtesy to our other members.
- Footwear and appropriate attire must be worn at all times throughout the club. See-through apparel, torn clothing or clothing with offensive language may not be worn in the club. Non-altered shirts or tank tops must be worn. For safety purposes, athletic footwear must be worn when using any of the training equipment. Appropriate attire is up to the discretion of management.
- A robe, towel or appropriate apparel must be worn to cover swimwear when traveling to and from the locker rooms, pool, or any other service area.
- We suggest wearing appropriate water shoes in the locker room wet areas for your personal safety and health, and as a courtesy to your fellow members.
- Please be mindful of all posted Policies, Rules and Etiquette for Chelsea Piers Fitness facilities and programs including the steam room and sauna, group fitness studios and classes, Family Day, etc.
- Any non-members entering Chelsea Piers Fitness must first check-in at the Membership Office to complete a guest form and provide photo ID. All guests must be 18 years of age or older.
- Lockers are available for daily use. You may not leave your belongings locked in a locker overnight, as we routinely open un-rented lockers and remove all contents.
- Please do not place any items on top of the locker units.
- Management is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please secure all belongings prior to your workout.