Private Rink Rentals
Chelsea Piers will rent ice to groups and individuals who will use ice in accordance with all Connecticut State guidelines for the safe operation of team sports.
See below for current ice rink availability. To book a slot and for additional rental information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Reservations will not be held or confirmed without payment
|Rates: $300 / 60-minute Session|
|Capacity: Limited to 4 athletes on ice and 1 coach, per Connecticut State Guidelines.
Spectators will not be allowed.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Enhanced Disinfecting Procedures
For the safety and protection of our community, our cleaning and maintenance protocol will continue to be maintained at the highest standard throughout the property.
At the conclusion of each scheduled rental the following will be completed prior to the next scheduled rental:
- Cleaning of boards dasher and benches, including floors
- Cleaning of doors and touch points
- Cleaning of entrance and exit points including floors
Locker Rooms and Controlling Restroom Occupancy
- Locker room will not be available at this time.
- Skaters should come fully dressed and use skate guards to enter the facility.
- To prevent overcrowding in restrooms, we will limit occupancy.
Upon arrival, new signage will
- Direct you and your family towards check-in
- Clearly direct you to follow one-way traffic patterns
- Remind you of the Health Screening protocols
- Floors will be marked to ensure appropriate Social distancing at check-in and other areas of the facility
Contactless check-in & check-out
To maximize safety for all members of our community, those renting private ice will follow this procedure:
- Only athletes and coaches named on a reservation will be allowed into the facility.
- Athletes should arrive to Chelsea Piers and enter at the main entrance no more that 10 minutes prior to their scheduled start time.
- Athletes should arrive fully dressed including skate guards as assistance from staff or coaches and locker rooms will not be available.
- Per CT State guidelines, until further notice all visitors must wear protective face coverings in all occurrences.
- At the conclusion of the skate, athletes will exit the ice, put on skate guards and then exit Chelsea Piers via the main exit. To maintain safety and social distancing, players must be picked up within 10 minutes of the end of the scheduled ice time.
All adults and children who will be coming to the Chelsea Piers facility will be subject to the following health screening:
- If you are not feeling well or if you or any member of your family has a temperature that exceeds 100 degrees we ask that you stay home.
- For your safety, we will be conducting temperature checks on-site and will not be able to allow entrance to anyone with a temperature over 100 degrees.
- All coaches and athletes will also need complete a health declaration each day prior to coming in. For athletes under 18 years of age, a parent/ guardian will need to complete the form for their athlete.
In order to maximize safety, only athletes and coaches registered for their time slot may proceed past the check-in station. Spectators are not allowed in the facility at this time.Â If you have younger athletes, please discuss this new protocol in advance with your child.
New Safe Hygiene Protocols
We are committed to providing our community with the supplies they need to do their part, including readily available hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes throughout the facility.
- All people, upon entering and exiting the facility, are encouraged to use hand sanitizer provided.
- Athletes and coaches are encouraged to wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds frequently and when soap and water not available use readily available hand sanitizer.
We ask our community to practice social distancing of 6 ft in all areas of the Chelsea Piers including at the entrance and check-in area.
Modified Use of Water Fountains
Touchless water fillers available. Drinking fountains will not be available for use during this summer. Please prepare a refillable water bottle at home. Make sure your name is clearly marked on the bottle.
Chelsea Piers will follow State and/or Board of Health requirements to support notification and contact tracing protocols.