Learn to Play
Ages 5 - 8
Our hockey program is designed to introduce young athletes to the magic of hockey through a fun and supportive environment. The primary focus is on hockey skating skills, but we start to implement pucks and other necessary hockey skills in our learn to play classes. Each program has low player to coach ratios in order to obtain a maximum learning environment for beginner hockey players.
Prior skating experience is required. Please click here for more information.
Equipment Checklist for Kids
- Helmet with a facemask
- Shin Guards
- Elbow Pads
- Hockey Stick
- Hockey Skates or use our rental slates (free)
- Hockey Gloves or winter mitten
- Hockey Pants
- Hockey Shorts
Rules & Regulations
Youth Class Cancellation/Refund Policy
- Chelsea Piers Connecticut reserves the right to cancel a class due to insufficient registration, prior to, or following, the first class of the semester. Appropriate refunds will be granted.
- Requests for class fee refunds (not including a non-refundable reservation fee and the fee for any classes taken) will be considered through the third class of the semester, for classes that meet 12 or more times.
- The non-refundable reservation fee is $50 for classes that meet 10 times or more and $25 for classes that meet 9 times or less.
- Refunds are not available for cancellations made after the third class of the semester, or for students registering late in the semester.
- All requests must be submitted in writing.
- No refunds are available for summer classes or classes that meet fewer than 11 times.
- Trial classes may be available for students unsure of enrollment. See details below.
- Class fees are not transferable to another student.
- Students may transfer from one class to another during the semester if there is availability. Additional class fees may apply if there is a price differential between classes.
- Refunds are not available for absences, transportation delays, inclement weather, withdrawals, dismissals, strike/work stoppage, natural disaster or reasons beyond the control of Chelsea Piers, disrupts or forces the cancellation of class.
Trial classes are available for semester-based programs based on availability. Trial classes may not be reserved in advance. Trial classes range from $30-$90 depending on the specific class. Trial classes are not available for swimming or ice skating programs.
Youth Class Make-up Policy
No make-ups are available for aquatics classes/programs, leagues, team practices, advanced lacrosse classes and tennis classes. Additionally, no make-ups are available for programs that are fewer than 10 classes. Chelsea Piers offers 2 make-up classes for the remaining semester-based classes that are scheduled to meet 16 or more times during the semester and 1 make-up class for programs that meet 11-15 times. Make-ups must be scheduled with each Program Director.
To receive Member pricing, your family/youth account must be active at time of enrollment.
To enroll using a Chelsea Piers Digital Gift Card, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about Developmental Stages.