House Rules & Policies
Click each section to expand.
- Chelsea Piers is a smoke-free environment both inside the facility and outside on the property, including the parking lot.
- Children under the age of 13 must have parental supervision at all times.
- Appropriate attire and proper footwear is required at all times.
- Metal cleats or exposed skate blades (without guards) may not be worn in the main walkways or hallways. Skateboards, hoverboards, rollerblades, scooters or active use of roller shoes are not permitted anywhere in the facility.
- Pets are not permitted in the facility, with the exception of service dogs.
- For the safety of all our customers, running, throwing balls and using sports equipment is not permitted in the main walkways or hallways. Use of sports equipment is permitted only on designated playing areas.
- Food is not permitted on any playing surface.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted anywhere on the premises, outside Top of the Game or the Clubhouse Bar.
- Bags, equipment or other personal items may not be left in common areas. Please use designated locker rooms or cubbies.
- Dressing/undressing is not permitted in common areas.
- Chelsea Piers is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items.
- Please refrain from tapping, knocking or pounding on any glass windows, doors or rink boards.
- Please park in specifically designated spaces. Vehicles illegally parked will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- Handicap parking spaces are reserved only for vehicles that have proper handicap identification.
- Idling in the pick-up lane is not permitted.
- Strict adherence to the speed limit is required.
Chelsea Piers is committed to providing members and guests with an environment that is always CLEAN, SAFE, FRIENDLY and FUN. All program participants, team players, coaches, referees, parents and spectators are expected to adhere to all posted (or otherwise communicated) policies and conduct themselves in an appropriate, courteous and respectful manner, demonstrating good sportsmanship at all times. Team managers are responsible for ensuring that individuals associated with their team abide by all Chelsea Piers rules and regulations. Failure to follow Chelsea Piers rules and regulations, or misconduct of any kind will result in match suspension, game forfeiture or expulsion from the premises, without refund.
- Chelsea Piers Connecticut reserves the right to cancel a class due to insufficient registration, prior to, or following, the first class of the semester. Appropriate refunds will be granted.
- Requests for class fee refunds (not including a non-refundable reservation fee and the fee for any classes taken) will be considered through the third class of the semester, for classes that meet 12 or more times.
- The non-refundable reservation fee is $50 for classes that meet 10 times or more and $25 for classes that meet 9 times or less.
- Refunds are not available for cancellations made after the third class of the semester, or for students registering late in the semester.
- All requests must be submitted in writing.
- No refunds are available for summer classes or classes that meet fewer than 11 times.
- Trial classes may be available for students unsure of enrollment.
- Class fees are not transferable to another student.
- Students may transfer from one class to another during the semester if there is availability. Additional class fees may apply if there is a price differential between classes.
- Refunds are not available for absences, transportation delays, inclement weather, withdrawals, dismissals, strike/work stoppage, natural disaster or reasons beyond the control of Chelsea Piers, disrupts or forces the cancellation of class.
Youth Class Make-up Policy
No make-ups are available for aquatics classes/programs, leagues, team practices, advanced lacrosse classes and tennis classes. Additionally, no make-ups are available for programs that are fewer than 10 classes. Chelsea Piers offers 2 make-up classes for the remaining semester-based classes that are scheduled to meet 16 or more times during the semester and 1 make-up class for programs that meet 11-15 times. Make-ups must be scheduled with each Program Director.
No refund will be granted for bookings, packages, or staff changes. We will provide an equal or higher level instructor/trainer for any sessions purchased. Sessions are non-transferable and Chelsea Piers retains the right to change a pro if necessary. Expiration is one year from date of purchase unless otherwise noted.
Requests for camp cancellations and refunds (not including the $150 non-refundable deposit for each camp week) will be accepted through June 14. Refunds are not available starting June 15 for absences, transportation delays, inclement weather, withdrawals, dismissals, or in the event that an act of war (declared or otherwise), strike/work stoppage, natural disaster or reasons beyond the control of Chelsea Piers, disrupts or forces the cancellation of camp. No make-up sessions are offered for days missed.
If your camper suffers an injury that prevents them from attending camp, you may submit authorized documentation and apply for a camp credit to camps@chelseapiersCT.com.
Credits will not be issued for absences, lateness, sickness, fatigue or family emergencies.
Members and customers who wish to change camp programs or camp weeks will be accommodated provided there is space available. There is a $25 transfer fee per child.
- Registration is complete only when the full payment has been received.
- Refund will only be granted if no space is remaining for an individual or team
- A credit will be given in the case of extreme injury, or illness that prevents a player participating in the league.
- Teams or individuals suspended or ejected from Chelsea Piers Connecticut leagues due to any breaches of our policy will not receive refunds.
The joiners fee is a one-time, non-refundable fee which must be paid at the time of membership application. This fee is valid for the entire term of membership. If there is a lapse in membership, the Member shall be obligated to pay a joiners fee prior to entering a new membership agreement. If a Member cancels their membership after the three (3) day cancellation period, the joiners fee will not be refunded.
BUYERS RIGHT TO CANCEL
If you wish to cancel the contract, you may cancel by mailing a written notice by certified or registered mail to the address specified below. The notice must say that you do not wish to be bound by this contract and must be delivered or mailed before midnight of the third business day after you sign this contract. After you cancel, the health club may request the return of all contracts, membership cards and other documents of evidence of membership. The notice must be delivered or mailed to:
Attn: Membership Services
1 Blachley Road
Stamford, CT 06902
You may also cancel this contract, (subject to fee equal to one month of membership) if you relocate your residence further than twenty-five miles from any health club operated by the seller or any other substantially similar health club which would accept the obligation of the seller. This contract may also be cancelled if you die, or if the health club ceases operation at the location where you entered into this contract. If you become disabled, you shall have the option of (1) being relieved of liability for payment on that portion of the contract term for which you are disabled, or (2) extending the duration of the original contract at no cost to you for a period equal to the duration of the disability. You must prove such disability by a doctor's certificate, which certificate shall be enclosed with the written notice of disability sent to the health club. The health club may require that you be examined by another physician agreeable to you and the health club at its expense. If you cancel, the health club may keep or collect an amount equal to the fair market value of the services or use of facilities you have already received.
MEMBERSHIP FREEZE POLICY
A member may freeze his/her membership for a minimum period of one (1) month and a maximum of three (3) months ("Period of Freeze"). During the Period of Freeze there shall be 75% reduction of monthly membership cost. A Membership may be frozen one (1) time per calendar year. You must notify the Membership office, in writing, prior to the 15th day of the month preceding the month you would like to initiate Period of Freeze. You should specify name, member #, start date of Period of Freeze and duration.
A $75 non-refundable application fee is required for all applicants.
One month pre-paid tuition is required at time of enrollment. Pre-paid tuition will be returned at the completion of the child's final school year. If a child withdraws from CP Kids at any time prior to completion of the contract, the pre-paid tuition will be forfeited.
Tuition cannot be reduced or refunded for absences of children for any reason, at any time, during the session, including sick days. Make-up days are not permitted.
In order to ensure the well-being of your child and the other children in CP Kids, sick children will be sent home at the Director's discretion. Refunds will not be granted.
PRIVATE LESSON CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY
All lessons must be cancelled or rescheduled 36-hours prior to the start of the lesson. Otherwise, the full amount of the lesson will be charged. Lessons are non-refundable. Chelsea Piers retains the right to change Pro if necessary.
YOUTH CLASS MAKE-UP POLICY
No make-ups are available for aquatics classes/programs, leagues, team practices, advanced lacrosse classes and TENNIS classes. Additionally, no make-ups are available for programs that are fewer than 10 classes.
No refunds or make-ups are available for any missed sessions. It is the responsibility of the player to find substitutions and replacements for each session (Flex Clinics). Players must agree to the Player Conduct Rules posted on-site and online. Chelsea Piers reserves the right to substitute a pro if necessary.
CARDIO AND POINT PLAY
No refunds or make-ups are available for any missed sessions. Cancellations must be made 24-hours in advance. Player will be charged if they are a “no show” or if cancellation is made in less than 24-hours.
COURT RENTALS, BALL MACHINE
Cancellations must be made 24-hours in advance. To cancel an existing reservation, please call 203.989.1800 or email the Tennis Front Desk at email@example.com. If the reservation is not cancelled within 24-hours, Club Members and Non-Members are responsible for the full rental fee. Platinum Members will be responsible for the equivalent of the Club Member fee.
*Reservation Required for Platinum Members during Peak and Off-Peak Hours.