Youth Softball Classes
Ages 10 - 17
The youth softball program at Chelsea Piers emphasizes individual skill development. Players learn proper technique in all phases and positions of the game. Low coach-to-player ratios ensure maximum learning and individual development.
Hitting Clinic Grades 5 - 8
Hitting clinic will focus on the proper mechanics of a swing. The clinic will teach proper swing path, bat speed, loading and point of contact. We will also cover how to hit the inside and outside pitches along with hitting for power.
5-Tool Academy Grades 5 - 8
The 5-Tool Academy at Chelsea Piers is designed for the young player with more developed skills and good working knowledge of the game. This class covers the five physical tools of softball: hitting for power, hitting for average, fielding ability, throwing ability and speed. Instruction is focused on fine tuning the mechanics of the sport as well as teaching tactical strategies of the game.
Elite Grades 9-12
Chelsea Piers offers elite training for experienced softball players who are ready to take their game to the next level. The Elite Training program focuses on development by teaching and reinforcing proper technique through analysis, correction and repetition. This clinic includes advanced hitting and fielding drills to propel players to the next level of play. Each softball position is covered in this program.
Pitching Clinic Grades 5-12
A 30-minute Pitchers clinic is held every Wednesday after the scheduled class. The following components will be covered:
- Proper warm-up routine (including strength bands, dynamic stretches, etc.)
- Throwing progression program
- Arm protection strategies
- Pitch grips / finger pressure
- Bullpen session
- Physical approach to different hitters
- Mental approach to pitching
- Fielding the ball off the rubber
- Covering/backing up bases
Rules & Regulations
Youth Class Cancellation/Refund Policy
- Chelsea Piers Connecticut reserves the right to cancel a class due to insufficient registration, prior to, or following, the first class of the semester. Appropriate refunds will be granted.
- Requests for class fee refunds (not including a non-refundable reservation fee and the fee for any classes taken) will be considered through the third class of the semester, for classes that meet 12 or more times.
- The non-refundable reservation fee is $50 for classes that meet 10 times or more and $25 for classes that meet 9 times or less.
- Refunds are not available for cancellations made after the third class of the semester, or for students registering late in the semester.
- All requests must be submitted in writing.
- No refunds are available for summer classes or classes that meet fewer than 11 times.
- Trial classes may be available for students unsure of enrollment. See details below.
- Class fees are not transferable to another student.
- Students may transfer from one class to another during the semester if there is availability. Additional class fees may apply if there is a price differential between classes.
- Refunds are not available for absences, transportation delays, inclement weather, withdrawals, dismissals, strike/work stoppage, natural disaster or reasons beyond the control of Chelsea Piers, disrupts or forces the cancellation of class.
Trial classes are available for semester-based programs based on availability. Trial classes may not be reserved in advance. Trial classes range from $30-$90 depending on the specific class. Trial classes are not available for swimming or ice skating programs.
Youth Class Make-up Policy
No make-ups are available for aquatics classes/programs, leagues, team practices, advanced lacrosse classes and tennis classes. Additionally, no make-ups are available for programs that are fewer than 10 classes. Chelsea Piers offers 2 make-up classes for the remaining semester-based classes that are scheduled to meet 16 or more times during the semester and 1 make-up class for programs that meet 11-15 times. Make-ups must be scheduled with each Program Director.