American Red Cross Lifeguarding Certification Course
April 5 - 9, 2020 • 12:00pm - 6:00pm
- CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers
- Waterfront Lifeguard (Optional Module)
- First Aid Certification
- Must be 15 years old on or before the final session of the course
- Swim 300 yards (550 for the waterfront module) continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing using the front crawl and breaststroke. Swim goggles are allowed.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute 40 seconds.
- Starting in the water with no goggles swim 20 yards using front crawl or breaststroke. Surface dive 7-10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object. Surface and swim 20 yards keeping the object on your chest at the surface of the water with both hands on it. Exit the water without using a ladder.
In order to successfully complete the certification, each candidate needs to pass/ complete the prerequisite swim test, a water rescue scenario, written test, blended learning online material, and must attend all classes.